Pupil Premium is additional funding provided by the Government for students who fit into any of the following categories:
- students who are looked after (this now includes those previously adopted)
- students entitled to free school meals
- children of armed forces personnel
Each year Nottingham Free School will be allocated a set amount of pupil premium funding based on the numbers of students who fit into the above categories. This is not part of the general budget and we are directed to use this funding on resources/activities which raise the achievement of the identified students.
Our cohorts have the following proportion of pupil premium students:
|Cohort||Percentage of pupil premium students|
Our current intervention strategies, for students that receive pupil premium money, include:
- Curriculum Enhancement - an extended school day with supported-study and enrichment sessions.
- Academic tutoring - tailored to the needs of individual pupils, with everything from weekly support sessions, to additional careers advice, to one-to-one tutoring
- Providing Social and Emotional Support & Behaviour & Attendance Mentoring - additional pastoral staff that provide support with everything from pupils’ attendance to counselling for those affected by significant events in their lives beyond our school doors.
- Support with school essentials - uniform, study guides, etc.
- Alternative education provision - for those that are unable to attend mainstream school
Please see the Pupil Premium Funding document at the top of this webpage for a detailed breakdown of how the pupil premium money is used at Nottingham Free School.
- Sporting Success Continues
Year 9/10 handball team steal the show! (Physical Education - 18/10/2021)
- Nottingham Free School Success
Year 8 boys through to the final of the city central venue league (Physical Education - 18/10/2021)
- Year 10 GCSE pupils visit the New Art Exchange
Year 10 GCSE pupils meet Arit Emmanuella Etukudo (Art - 12/10/2021)
- Careers event: physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy
paramedics, art therapists, dietitians (Careers - 04/10/2021)
- October’s Books of the Month
To celebrate black history month we are reading even more books by black authors (Whole School - 02/10/2021)