Welcome to Online Learning
Please note this section of the website is currently being updated.
Accessing Online Resources
How will my child access any online remote education you are providing?
Students will sometimes be set work to be completed online using Microsoft Teams and/or through Bromcom's Student Portal. Support using these features can be found in the tab to the left under 'User Guides'.
If my child does not have digital or online access at home, how will you support them to access remote education?
We recognise that some students may not have suitable online access at home. This can be for multiple reasons such as not having a suitable device or data package, or the family having more than one child at home.
We take the following approaches to support those students to access remote education by:
- Issuing or lending devices such as laptops or iPads
- Issuing or lending devices that enable an internet connection
- Supporting the application of additional data through a relevant scheme
- Either inviting students into school on a part time or full-time basis, or providing a safe way for students to collect and return printed materials if none of the above can be supported, or in the interim whilst they are being set up
If you require support with accessing digital or online education please contact your child’s tutor who will talk through your requirements and make the necessary arrangements as appropriate.
Additional support for students with particular needs
How will you work with me to help my child who needs additional support from adults at home to access remote education?
We recognise that some students, for example some students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), may not be able to access remote education without support from adults at home. We acknowledge the difficulties this may place on families, and we will work with parents and carers to support those students in the following ways:
- Students with SEN Support or with an EHCP will have a keyworker who will maintain regular contact with the students and parents or carers alongside tutors and subject teachers
- Additional support staffing will be provided in order to help students access their online learning whilst in school or at home
- Where mental health issues may affect a student, there will be a provision for regular phone contact or in person sessions with our Emotional Literacy Support Assistant who will also 'signpost' other organisations or refer students on for further support.
- School of the Year - Nova Transformational Awards
Nottingham Free School Named School of the Year at Trust Awards Evening (Whole School - 01/12/2023)
- UKMT Bronze Medallist
Samuel Earns Bronze Medal in UKMT Junior Olympiad (Whole School - 22/09/2023)
- Nottingham Free School Students Celebrate GCSE Success
Students at Nottingham Free School have, today, celebrated achieving excellent GCSE results (Whole School - 24/08/2023)
- 2023 GCSE Results Day
Congratulations to all our amazing Year 11 students on their fantastic GCSE results. (Whole School - 24/08/2023)
- Posh Fish Finger Sandwiches
With support from The Cods Scallops, The Fish Heroes and Fastnet. (Whole School - 03/07/2023)