Welcome to Remote Learning
For those who are required to work from home during the COVID-19 crisis, work can continue remotely by using Microsoft Teams and the Remote App Access features available to all staff and students. Support using these can be found in the tab to the left 'User Guides'.
Establishing a routine
All of the advice shows that it is really important for everyone to have a routine when working from home. This does not have to be the same as that in school but we would suggest two to three periods of time a day when working on school work.
We have already suggested to students that if they are struggling to know which subjects to study when, then they can follow the order of their school timetable. However, we would recommend shorter periods of study than the 45 minutes each.
It is helpful to have time each day to exercise, enjoy the fresh air and do some practical activities e.g. art, cooking, making things. It is really important that children get enough exercise each day but this needs to be in line with government advice and stick to social distancing, staying 2 metres apart from others.
Work being set
Each subject will set two types of work:
- A knowledge based task (KO learning or BBC bitesize learning, for example)
- A development task (Seneca Learning, Hegarty, Quizlet, etc.)
- You must complete both parts of the work.
Monitoring student work:
- Many subjects will be monitoring student work online (Seneca learning, Hegarty, Quizlet, etc.)
- Some subjects will ask students to upload work to Microsoft Teams if they cannot monitor it online.
- Students will be expected to complete all work to the best of their ability.
- Students will be able to contact their classroom teachers, through Microsoft Teams, for support/guidance during the working day if they find they are struggling with work set.
- Year 13 develop their painting skills!
Our A level students have been developing their skills within different paint mediums. (Art - 02/10/2020)
- National Poetry Day
Today is National Poetry Day (Whole School - 01/10/2020)
- The European Day of Languages
Hola, bonjour, hello, merhaba... (Modern Foreign Languages - 24/09/2020)
- Drop Everything and Read!
DEAR time returns! (Whole School - 17/09/2020)
- Our first Y13 students!
Working hard, being kind in Y13 (Whole School - 10/09/2020)