“The study of geography is about more than just memorizing places on a map. It’s about understanding the complexity of our world, appreciating the diversity of cultures that exists across continents. And in the end, it’s about using all that knowledge to help bridge divides and bring people together.”
- President Barack Obama
Our ambition is to transform students into citizens with a broad understanding and awareness of our world. We aim to develop their individual geographical skills and knowledge so that they can critically engage and make informed decisions on the world and events around them now and in the future.
Our geography curriculum has been designed to enable our learners to:
- Understand and assess the physical and human processes that constantly shape the world around them and influence their everyday lives.
- Promote a curiosity in our pupils so they are always engaging and asking geographical questions to develop their understanding of the world around them and gain new experiences
- Skilled young geographers who are confident in analysing different sources of geographical data.
- Reach informed decisions and reasoned conclusions about geographical issues at a variety of scales.
- Be empathetic global citizens who care for our worldwide community and can consider the impact of our actions on others and the environment, now and in the future.