"Don’t become a mere recorder of facts, but try to penetrate the mystery of their origin."
- Ivan Pavlov
Our ambition is for all students to cultivate a curiosity of human behaviour; to excel in using psychological research and theories to expand their knowledge and understanding of the science behind our human interactions and behaviours. To ensure our students are well informed consumers of research, which enables them to form opinions on our wider world and become excellent critical thinkers.
Our Psychology curriculum has been designed to enable our learners to:
- Recognise how our potential behaviour can shape us as individuals
- Develop awareness of our unconscious mind and its impact on our behaviour
- Advance their essential knowledge and understanding of the various psychological disciplines and how they relate to each other
- Identify how the behaviour of society and us as individuals can promote positive change
- Nurture a deep appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of scientific methods
- Develop competence and confidence in a variety of practical, mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Inspire their enthusiasm for psychology; developing and pursuing further study and associated careers