“Music can change the world” - Ludwig Van Beethoven
Our ambition is for all of our students to develop a truly personal and emotional connection, as well as appreciation, for music. They will listen to and explore a diverse range of musical pieces, celebrating the cultures in our school and wider community. They will express themselves clearly and purposefully and will form developed opinions about their musical interests, by finding the true value in music and what it means to them. Through performance, composition and appraising music in and out of the classroom, students’ knowledge, skills and comprehension will progressively deepen throughout their Music curriculum journey.
Our music curriculum has been designed to enable our learners to:
- Develop an appreciation for music and how it generates empathy, connection and understand their personal choices.
- Understand the effect music can have on their and others’ mood and wellbeing.
- Learn about each other’s cultures and traditions, and connect to others using music as a universal language.
- Develop their emotional literacy and understand their connection to music.
- Have the opportunity to perform and write music on their own and with others, using various instruments and learn how to use their voice to express themselves.
- Develop an understanding of how music works in the world of work and understand the vast opportunities available to them within this industry.
- A-Z Music Tasks
Y7 and Y8 have been challenged with completing a full alphabet of Music Tasks! (02/07/2020)
- Big Sing 2020!
Pupils have made their song choices for the Big Sing! (12/02/2020)
- Christmas Cabaret
We are excited to announce that tickets are now on sale for our Christmas Cabaret (20/11/2019)
- The Wizard of Oz
Tickets will soon be on sale (07/05/2019)
- This half term in Music
What are pupils learning in Music this half term? (05/10/2018)