Welcome to Reading for Pleasure
Why read for pleasure?
We know that reading more helps us to do better academically but what other benefits does it have?
Reading for pleasure has many known mental heath and social benefits, such as:
- improved relationships with others
- increased sense of empathy
- improved general wellbeing
- reductions in the symptoms of depression and dementia
- improved understanding of our own identity
- lower levels of stress (even reading for 6 minutes reduces levels by 68%, according to a recent survey)
We want all of our community (students, parents/carers and staff) to enjoy these positive outcomes . It is so important that reading is pleasurable and that we choose to do it on a regular basis. One of the best ways of enjoying reading is by making sure we find books that engage us and by sharing recommendations with each other. Remember :
“If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book.”
― J.K Rowling
- Showstopper Challenge
The NFS Bake Off reaches it's climax. (Design Technology & Enterprise - 16/12/2021)
- Year 8 and 9 Bake Off
Yule log technical challenge (Design Technology & Enterprise - 15/12/2021)
- Year 7 baking success
Shortbread snowman workshop (Design Technology & Enterprise - 13/12/2021)
- Oxbridge interviews!
We are so proud of Peter, Molly and Seth (Whole School - 07/12/2021)
- Year 10 Art GCSE
Over the last two weeks, pupils have been responding to the work of Kris Trappeniers. (Art - 30/11/2021)