Our Curriculum Intent
All students follow a range of subjects which combine to form a curriculum that is personally, socially and intellectually transformative, setting our students up for the best possible set of choices and opportunities at post-16 and beyond.
Our students are intellectually transformed by our ambitious core curriculum which:
- Contains the essential knowledge that pupils need to be educated citizens
- Includes the best that has been thought and said in each subject
- Features broad, balanced, well-sequenced learning
- Challenges and inspires all students by being aspirational
- Provides explicit literacy support and practice eg key vocabulary, active reading and oracy
Our students are personally and socially transformed by our ambitious enriched curriculum which:
- Reflects and celebrates our diverse community
- Provides equality for our disadvantaged students and helps to close the gap
- Engenders an appreciation of human creativity and achievement
- Promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of our students
- Prepares our students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life
- Responds to social challenges faced by our students eg e-safety, LGBT, resilience, self-esteem, identity and mental health
Our school day starts at 8.30am and ends at 3.30pm, with extra curricular happening between 3:30pm and 4:30pm Monday to Thursday.
For a break down of the current school day, please visit our page on the school day.
Or for further information on the extra curricular offered please click here.
Please see the links on the table to the left for curriculum details specific to each year group including subject overview plans. Individual subject areas will have more detailed information about their schemes of work.
- Enrichment Cake Decorating
Halloween skills are out of this world (Design Technology & Enterprise - 18/10/2021)
- Sporting Success Continues
Year 9/10 handball team steal the show! (Physical Education - 18/10/2021)
- Nottingham Free School Success
Year 8 boys through to the final of the city central venue league (Physical Education - 18/10/2021)
- Year 10 GCSE pupils visit the New Art Exchange
Year 10 GCSE pupils meet Arit Emmanuella Etukudo (Art - 12/10/2021)
- Delightful desserts
Year 10 students practice techniques (Design Technology & Enterprise - 08/10/2021)