Science have been running lots of exciting mini projects each week for students who are still in school. Our most recent activities have been:
- Creating pinhole viewers: light enters through the pinhole and creates a flipped image on the screen.
- Making photographic prints: using a nitrate solution, students cut out a stencil to produce a fun image.
- Flying hot air balloons: made with tissue paper, students even tried to see if it would float using tea-lighters, a few ending in disaster as their master piece went down in flames. But all good fun in the name of Science!!
I’m looking forward to the upcoming activities in these final weeks!
- Science Projects
Hot Air Balloons (07/07/2020)
- Year 12 Biology
Dissection of animal gas exchange systems. (17/01/2020)
- Science club
Erupting volcanoes! (07/10/2019)
- Open evening
Students take everyone's breath away! (30/09/2019)
- Year 9 take our breath away!
Year 9 biology lesson (20/05/2019)
- British Science Week
British Science Week (01/04/2019)
- Year 7
- Key stage 3
Science club (26/09/2018)
- Year 11
Catch the criminal! (24/09/2018)
- Physicist of the year award
Aamina Sharif - Year 10 (13/07/2018)
- Fantastic Core Sessions in School for Year 10
Teacher led sessions in school for year 10 students in core subjects (Year 10 - 14/07/2020)
- Year 7 Masks
Year 7 get creative and make masks out of recycled materials! (Art - 10/07/2020)
- Masks and Carnivals
Year 7 learn about the Notting Hill Carnival (Art - 07/07/2020)
- Adiós Señor Payan
Mr Payan is returning to Spain soon and wanted to share some information about where he is from (Modern Foreign Languages - 07/07/2020)
- Science Projects
Hot Air Balloons (Science - 07/07/2020)
- Celebrating diversity
Year 10 use current topics to inspire coursework (Art - 03/07/2020)
- Amazing photography!
Talented year 10 pupils continue to work hard on their Art GCSE coursework (Art - 03/07/2020)
- Activity Levels
How active have you been... (Physical Education - 03/07/2020)
- GCSE Coursework
Year 10 continue to make us proud! (Art - 03/07/2020)
- Fabulous Fougasse!
Key work students take part in some socially distant baking (Design Technology & Enterprise - 02/07/2020)