Science have been running lots of exciting mini projects each week for students who are still in school. Our most recent activities have been:
- Creating pinhole viewers: light enters through the pinhole and creates a flipped image on the screen.
- Making photographic prints: using a nitrate solution, students cut out a stencil to produce a fun image.
- Flying hot air balloons: made with tissue paper, students even tried to see if it would float using tea-lighters, a few ending in disaster as their master piece went down in flames. But all good fun in the name of Science!!
I’m looking forward to the upcoming activities in these final weeks!
- Science Projects
Hot Air Balloons (07/07/2020)
- Year 12 Biology
Dissection of animal gas exchange systems. (17/01/2020)
- Science club
Erupting volcanoes! (07/10/2019)
- Open evening
Students take everyone's breath away! (30/09/2019)
- Year 9 take our breath away!
Year 9 biology lesson (20/05/2019)
- British Science Week
British Science Week (01/04/2019)
- Year 7
- Key stage 3
Science club (26/09/2018)
- Year 11
Catch the criminal! (24/09/2018)
- Physicist of the year award
Aamina Sharif - Year 10 (13/07/2018)
- Year 13 develop their painting skills!
Our A level students have been developing their skills within different paint mediums. (Art - 02/10/2020)
- National Poetry Day
Today is National Poetry Day (Whole School - 01/10/2020)
- The European Day of Languages
Hola, bonjour, hello, merhaba... (Modern Foreign Languages - 24/09/2020)
- Drop Everything and Read!
DEAR time returns! (Whole School - 17/09/2020)
- Our first Y13 students!
Working hard, being kind in Y13 (Whole School - 10/09/2020)
- Well done to our Y11s!
We are so proud of all of you! (Whole School - 21/08/2020)
- What talent!
Talented student makes it through to shortlist (Whole School - 16/08/2020)
- Fantastic Core Sessions in School for Year 10
Teacher led sessions in school for year 10 students in core subjects (Year 10 - 14/07/2020)
- Year 7 Masks
Year 7 get creative and make masks out of recycled materials! (Art - 10/07/2020)
- Masks and Carnivals
Year 7 learn about the Notting Hill Carnival (Art - 07/07/2020)