Welcome to Year 10
Head of Year
- Miss S Cockayne
- Mrs D Machan
- 10.1 - Mrs A Clarke and Ms J Carter
- 10.2 - Mr M Hurst
- 10.3 - Ms N Harmer-Weston
- 10.4 - Miss C Radford
We pride ourselves in a real sense of community, respect and understanding for each other and aim to work hard and be kind all of the time. We endeavour to ensure that students work together and help each other to achieve their full potential academically, morally and socially.
The tutor is responsible for supporting the pupils in their care in all aspects of school life; academic, social and personal. They, alongside Heads of Department and subject staff, will monitor academic progress using data information circulated on a regular basis. We have a team of tutors, who are all teaching staff at the school. Tutors register their tutor set every morning and have time to discuss any concerns and prepare students for the day ahead.
We follow a weekly schedule for tutor time activities which provides students with an array of opportunities as well as support and guidance, in the following areas: attendance, positive and negative points, target setting and best achievement, homework and organisation, equipment, uniform, behaviour, active discussion time, quizzes and much more! Every week, one student from each tutor set is nominated as Star of the Week for achieving the most positive points the previous week. Every Friday, the tutor set with the best attendance overall are rewarded with flapjacks made by our kitchen staff.
THE HEAD OF YEAR
All of the tutor sets and tutors are led by our Head of Year, Miss S Cockayne. The Head of Year is responsible for co-ordinating the work of the year group as a whole and monitoring overall pastoral care, behaviour and progress.
The Head of Year ensures that the whole Year group work together effectively to ensure that all students feel safe and happy at school, whilst maintaining our school ethos and high standards of behaviour by working alongside the teaching staff. The Head of Year also helps to organise and oversee assemblies.
THE Achievement co-ordinator
The Achievement Co-ordinator, Mrs Machan, support the work of the Head of Year. The Achievement Co-ordinator also monitor achievement closely and ensures that students are rewarded for their hard work through our end of term achievement assemblies.
Attendance is a key factor in students' success at school. We monitor attendance very closely and students are expected to attend school every day and arrive on time each morning. Where possible, medical appointments should be made outside of school hours. An overall attendance of 96% or above will ensure that your child is making the best progress possible - anything below this is a cause for concern and your child will be missing key lessons and work.
Students should arrive at school well equipped and prepared for the day ahead. Parents and children together should ensure that they have the following:
- School bag, pencil case and equipment - pens, pencils, ruler, rubber, sharpener, green pen etc.
- Correct uniform - black formal shoes, black trousers or skirt, white shirt, jumper, blazer and tie.
- No jewellery (except one pair of stud earrings if required.) No accessories or nail varnish.
- The correct books for lessons
- Homework folder
- Water bottle/flask
- Packed lunch/snack/money for school dinners
- Dark coloured outdoor jacket for bad weather
- Charged iPad
- Reading book
- Coronavirus Update
- Curriculum Consultation Email to Parents
- Curriculum Consultation Information & Reply Slip
- Key Dates
- Tutor Review Day 12 February 2020
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Trip to China - Parent Meeting Thursday 16 January 2020
- INSET Days
- Year 10 Curriculum Overview
- Year 10 Parent Welcome Letter
- General Introduction Letter
- 1/6/20 School returns - normal school day timings
- 10/6/20 Parent Forum - Mental Health & Well Being
- 22/6/20 - 26/6/20 Sherwood Arts Week
- 14/7/20 Uniform Pop Up Shop
- 16/7/20 Summer Concert
- 17/7/20 School breaks up for the summer holidays - 14:50
- 20/7/20 INSET Day
- 21/7/20 INSET Day
- 10/8/20 Uniform Pop Up Shop
Year 10 News
- No recent news stories.