Please use this form to access the Key Worker and Vulnerable Learners Education Provision being provided by Nottingham Free School.
Please complete this form once for each of your children that attend the school.
This provision is available to the children of parents who are employed in any of the roles identified on the government’s Key Worker list as shown below.
Children with at least one parent or carer who are identified as critical workers by the government can send their children to school if required.
The Government have offered the following guidance for parents considering accessing this service:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- the most recent scientific advice on how to further limit the spread of COVID-19 is clear. If children can stay safely at home, they should as this will limit the chance of the virus spreading.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents (aged 70+), friends, or family members with underlying conditions
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults
- the government has asked parents to keep their children at home, wherever possible, and asked schools to remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend
- the fewer children making the journey to school, and the fewer children in educational settings, the lower the risk that the virus can spread and infect vulnerable individuals in wider society
Key Worker List
- Health and social care
- Frontline health and social care staff such as doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics, as well as support and specialist staff in the health and social care sector. In addition it includes those working in supply chains including producers and distributors of medicines and personal protective equipment.
- Education and childcare
- Nursery, teaching staff and social workers.
- Key public services
- Those required to run the justice system, religious staff, as well as those responsible for managing the deceased, and journalists providing public service broadcasting.
- Local and national government
- Administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the Covid-19 response or delivering essential public services, including payment of benefits.
- Food and other necessary goods
- Those involved in the production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery of food.
- Public safety and national security
- Police, support staff, Ministry of Defence civilian staff and armed forces personnel, fire and rescue staff, and those responsible for border security, prisons and probation.
- Those who will keep air, water, road and rail passenger and freight transport modes operating during the Covid-19 response.
- Utilities, communication and financial services
- Staff required to keep oil, gas, electricity, water and sewerage operations running. Staff in the civil nuclear, chemical and telecommunications sectors. Those in postal services and those working to provide essential financial services.
Vulnerable Children definition
The government defines vulnerable children as those who are supported by social care, those with safeguarding and welfare needs, including child in need plans, on child protection plans, ‘looked after’ children, young carers, disabled children and those with an EHCP.
This form is used to collect information regarding education provision registration and will only be used for this purpose. We need the information collected here to enable us to manage this process effectively. The information is for internal use only and will be stored on our internal servers. This information will be kept in line with our data retention policy.
We will only use your contact details to share information with you that is relevant to this process.
If you have any concerns please contact us before you proceed.
Our full privacy notice is available to download here.